WORLD DREAM DAY EXPANDS INTO WEEK LONG CELEBRATION
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
World Dream Day / [email protected]
For 6th Anniversary Celebration, World Dream Day
Calls For Global Reimagining As It Expands Into World Dream Week
HELD SEPTEMBER 25TH, World Dream Day is a Global Day that celebrates the dreamer, visionary and innovator in all of us through live and virtual events. On World Dream Day individuals, families, schools, businesses, and communities take time to focus on their ideas, goals, and dreams and move them forward. World Dream Day was created in 2012 by global visionary, Ozioma Egwuonwu, and has organically grown into a global phenomenon. A true day for all, Word Dream Day is celebrated by local communities and large media companies like Disney. A truly remarkable experience, Word Dream Day has inspired local communities and large media companies like Disney to reimagine what’s possible.
***This year World Dream Day expands into World Dream Week 2017. Sept 24-30th.
Connect with the Dream Team directly at 800-382-2112 or 347-762-3639
www.worlddreamday.org | #worlddreamday | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DayForDreamers | twitter: @dayfordreamers
***ANYONE can participate in World Dream Day from ANYWHERE in the world by downloading a DREAM DECLARATION HERE and viewing our celebration toolkit below.***
We invite individuals, organizations and communities to engage in World Dream Week Sept 24th-30th:
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH: THE REIMAGINE FESTIVAL + DREAM DINNER: World Dream Day kicks off with the launch of the Reimagine Festival a transformational community-based festival that celebrates, supports, and activates “the power of positive possibility.” Share your journey using #REIMAGINEFEST #WORLDDREAMWEEK
- MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH: THE 6TH ANNUAL WORLD DREAM DAY: Join founder Ozioma Egwuonwu for a riveting Global WebCast, streamed live from World Dream Day FB page at NOON EST. Declare a Dream you wish to advance on behalf of yourself, your business, your community. Share your journey using #WORLDDREAMDAY #WORLDDREAMWEEK
- [MONDAY-FRIDAY:] Select an idea, goal or dream that you want to move forward. Declare it on Monday, then TAKE ACTION Monday-Friday! Share your journey using #WORLDDREAMDAY #WORLDDREAMWEEK
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH: CELEBRATE IDEAS, GOALS, AND DREAMS IN ACTION! Host your own DreamWeek Celebration OR join us in Asheville, North Carolina for The Dreamer’s Ball, hosted at OM Sanctuary. Share your journey using #WORLDDREAMDAY #DREAMWEEK
*World Dream Day is a project of Global Dreams Rising, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering the rise of ideas, goals, and dreams around the world, particularly in the most dream challenged communities. To make a DIRECT tax-exempt donation, please do so HERE.*
2017 THEME: REIMAGINING THE DREAM
This year, we believe it is time to “flip the script” and stage a collective reimagining of local and global possibilities so that we can co-create a new and improved reality for people all over the planet.
THE EXPERIENCE: For World Dream 2017, we invite participants in villages, towns, cities, and countries all around the world to join us in a collective reimagining of what is possible for our world at a time when new visions are needed most. Specifically, we invite the declaration of dreams, the creation of visual art, film, spoken word, public dialogues, curated art exhibits, community gatherings, vibrant public demonstrations, individual and collective observances.
Everything that humanity has ever created started out as an idea, goal or dream in someone’s mind. With the current state of our world, it goes without saying that the greatest impact that can be made is at the core. So we are calling for a collective examination of EVERYTHING so they can be strengthened from premise to promise.
For WDD2017, we invite the world to engage in reimagining what’s possible, advancing what’s working, and releasing what isn’t, goals and dreams that will make a difference in their lives, businesses, and communities and create a ripple effect towards positive change. DreamDay events are happening all around the world, and there are several ways to get involved, including inviting family and friends to create and share personal dreams, hosting Dream Dinners, social mixers, leading inspirational workshops/gatherings, and even creating your TEDx style DreamTalk event. READ our 5 Steps for Creating Your Dream Event.
CELEBRATE WORLD DREAM DAY + WEEK IN YOUR OWN UNIQUE WAY!
Let us know how you will celebrate by logging your event HERE.
Here are a few examples around the world, from large corporations to local endeavors:
- Dream Launch- Disney Corporation leverages World Dream Day to launch the BFG Release (Global)
- Mayor of Colquitt issues a Dream Proclamation declaring it an official day (USA-Georgia)
- DreamGathering at Governor Picnic (Canada-Toronto)
- Dream School (South Africa)
- DreamUP-pop-up festival dedicated to the dream of Peace in community ravaged by violence (USA-Newburgh)
- Dream Dinner- Top restaurant hosts event gathering innovators, artists and entrepreneurs (Detroit)
- Dream Sweepstakes Kipling Bags launches a product giveaway of Dream Gifts (India)
- Community influencer hosts DreamPoetry Readings (USA-Chicago)
- The Dream Book (Philippines)
- Dream Strategy- Columbia University grad students develop ideas to empower brands to deliver
- Dream Day church programming (USA-Brooklyn)
- AcroYoga founder host DreamYoga (Australia)
- Green Influencer creates a GreenDreamers Roundtable in Bryant Park (USA-Manhattan)
- Media Arts org dedicated World Dreams Day to empower Dreams of our Youth (Nigeria)
We invite media sponsors, collaborators & strategic partners that can help us spread the magic of this special day to millions.